You will use the Scholars' Studio PowerPoint template to create your slides.
- Download one of the two template options from the box to the right called "PowerPoint Template". One option has a sliding "ball" animation on the bottom of each slide, which you may find useful in helping you keep track of timing during your presentation. The other template option does not include this animation. You have two options, one with a visual timer and one without.
- Each presentation is limited to 5 minutes and 20 slides.
- Slides auto-advance every 15 seconds.
- If you need more time on a particular slide, you may duplicate a slide, as long as you stay within the 5 minute, 20 slide limit.
- Keep your slides simple. Use images to have a greater impact than text.
- Limit the amount of text you have on each slide to a few words or bullet points.
- Consider visiting the Design Help Desk for free help with slide creation and design.
- We are happy to answer any questions you might have as you’re creating your slides using the template, and provide advice on your presentation – don’t hesitate to ask!