Zotero now has support for Google Docs! Click here to read about the new Zotero tab in Google Docs.
You can still follow the directions below for adding citations to other applications that don't have Zotero support, like PowerPoint or Google Slides.
Select Citation Style
1. Navigate to Zotero Preferences
2. Click "Export"
3. Choose your preferred style using the drop-down menu under "Default Format"
Insert In-text Citations - Author/Date format
1. In Zotero, click on the source you want to cite
2. While pressing the Shift key, drag the source from Zotero to the place you'd like the in-text citation to appear
Insert In-text Citations - Footnotes
1. In Google Docs, click 'Insert' -- 'Footnote'
2. Drag and drop the correct citation from Zotero into the Google Doc where the footnote appears at the bottom of the page
Insert Bibliographies or Full Citations
Option 1: In Zotero, highlight all sources you want to include in your bibliography. Then right-click and select "Create Bibliography from Items." Follow the prompts to create your bibliography and paste it into your document.
Option 2: Drag and drop sources from Zotero WITHOUT holding the Shift key to insert the full citation. You can highlight many sources in Zotero and drag them into document all at once.