Skip to main content
Individual study space @ Research Commons now available by reservation. All other Libraries spaces are closed. Online resources and support are available 24/7! UW Libraries COVID-19 Updates
REECAS at UW
A past exhibit on the 2009 Estonian choral music festival in Tallinn
Suzzallo-Allen Library, UW Seattle campus
What's in the Guide
This Russian, East European and Central Asian studies guide provides links to the most useful databases, resources and contacts for researching the REECAS area at UW. Use the tabs above or the links below to navigate through the guide.
- Find Articles - search for scholarly articles in a wide range of disciplines pertaining to REECAS
- Browse Journals - for a concise list of links to the most important REECAS scholarly journals
- Find Books, Theses, Dissertations - search UW's catalog and catalogs of the largest research libraries in Russia and Eastern Europe.
- Find News - quick links to daily and weekly news media from and about Russia, Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
- Web Resources - Major collections of digitized resources, by topic or country.
- Citation Guides and Tools - Starting points for collecting, managing and citing your sources.
The UW Libraries' REECAS collections number over a half million items (books, journals, microfilm titles, films on DVD and VHS, sound recordings and other formats) and continue to grow by thousands of new titles each year. Most materials are housed in Suzzallo and Allen Libraries. See the UW catalog for exact locations of individual items.