Skip to main content
Individual study space @ Research Commons now available by reservation. All other Libraries spaces are closed. Online resources and support are available 24/7! UW Libraries COVID-19 Updates
Tips for Using UW Libraries Search
- Try a subject headings search. Click on Advanced Search, then click on the down arrow in a search box to select "in subj." Possible subject headings include: Arctic regions, Arctic regions-Strategic aspects, Natural resources-Arctic regions, Climatic changes-Arctic regions, Arctic regions-Politics and governance, and Arctic peoples, or related subject headings such as Inuvialuit Eskimos-Treaties and Russia (Federation)-Foreign relations-Arctic regions.
- Use quotation marks to search for a phrase.
- Combine keywords with the connector "and" to reduce the number of results. Use the connector "or" to increase the number of results, for example: inuit or eskimos.
- Use * as the truncation symbol to search for the root word, for example, politic* will retrieve politic, politics, political, etc.
- Use the facets on the left side of the screen (under Refine My Results) to narrow by: Available online; or Available in the library; or by Publication Date; or by Resource Type (Articles, Print Books, eBooks, Government Documents, Maps, etc.)