Skip to main content
Individual study space @ Research Commons now available by reservation. All other Libraries spaces are closed. Online resources and support are available 24/7! UW Libraries COVID-19 Updates
- Quick turnaround compared with other funding options
- Jobs across the university for UW graduate students in many disciplines
- Teaching, research, and graduate staff assistantships
- Some includes salary, tuition waiver, and medical insurance
- Tuition waivers require full-time enrollment (10 credit hours+ per quarter)
- Check each site below for different opportunities
Where to Find Assistantships:
Your Academic Department
May offer assistantships or know of related opportunities
Under "Support Provided" filter, choose "Assistantship"
Search by "Academic Student Employee" category
(Requires UW NetID)
Becomes available after registering for classes
Assistantships & career resources
Filter for on-campus and part-time jobs
Research Centers at UW
Dynamic and often interdisciplinary
Some may offer assistantships, fellowships, scholarships, or awards.
- Check that the listing offers salary, tuition waiver, and insurance.
- If an hourly dollar amount is listed, that is an hourly job, not a full assistantship
- Students from the Bothell, Tacoma, and Seattle campuses can receive assignments at the other campuses
- If you have any questions about the listing, ask the person or department who posted