Skip to main content
Research Guides

Graduate Funding Information Service: Government Funding

Research guide for finding funding for graduate school

Government Funding

The Grant Forward database (UW restricted) includes many government funding opportunities (both state and federal). A more thorough search for government funding can be done on The websites of individual agencies should also be consulted. Here are some of the most popular:


For information on the application process for government grants, consult your department or contact the UW Office of Research. See also the Grant Resources Guide.