Skip to Main Content
Mendeley and EndNote
You can import and export bibliographic entries from Mendeley to EndNote and other reference management software.
- Select the records you wish to export. You can click Edit > Select All if you want your entire database.
- Click on the File menu > Export
- Change Save As Type option to "RIS - Research Information Systems"
- Pick a name and location for the file and Save.
You will end up with a file titled "My Collection.ris."
- Click the File menu > New to create a new library.
- Click on the File menu > Import File.
- Click Choose and browse to the "My Collection.ris" file you downloaded and click Open.
- Change the Import option to Reference Manager (RIS).
- Click Import.
EndNote and EndNote Basic