You'll need your UW NetID and password to access library databases and resources from off-campus, including those required to complete the Campus Library Activities for COLL 101.
Here is some information to get you started. For best results, follow these steps in order. If you need help, review the Library's Technology Resources Log-ins page or contact the Cascadia HelpDesk for help.
Note: Chrome and Firefox browsers work best for setting up accounts and accessing resources.
1. Set up your Cascadia Network Account
- Your Network Account will provide access to your Cascadia network file space and will allow you to create a UW NetID
ATTENTION: New Cascadia students must use Cascadia's remote virtual desktop service to create or manage a UW NetID with their Cascadia Network Account. To access the remote virtual desktop service (also known as "Views") go to <http://www.cascadia.edu/services/computing/accessingaccounts.aspx> and scroll down to the section titled "Remote Desktop (View) Access".
2. Set up your UW NetID
- Click on the "UW NetID" link above.
- Select "Creating your UW NetID", then scroll down and click on "Create your UW NetID".
- On the next screen near the bottom, click on "Sign in to Cascadia College". At this point, you will see a new page to sign in to Cascadia College. If you do not know your sign in credentials, contact the Cascadia HelpDesk.
- Choose your UW NetID wisely. It is your unique ID and will stay with you throughout your time as a student, after you graduate, and will stay the same ID if you decide to work for the UW in the future. We recommend choosing an UW NetID that is easy to remember and also something that you won't mind your fellow students, instructors, campus staff, and possible future professional connections seeing. Many people choose a combination of letters from their first and last names (UW NetIDs are limited to 8 characters). If you need to include a number-choose a number that you will remember.
- If you already have a UW NetID but can't remember it, you can look it up by going to the Get your UW NetID page and selecting "I don't have a UW NetID (or I'm not sure)."
- Note: you will need to wait about 24 hours after registering for classes before you will be able to create a NetID, and it usually takes 24 hours for your NetID to become active
- If you have issues setting up your UW NetID contact the Cascadia HelpDesk. The HelpDesk staff is very responsive to email, chat, and phone calls.
-----At this point, you are ready to get started on the COLL 101 Library Activities-----
When the Campus Library Building is open to the public, you will want to activate your Library Card so that you can access many other library services.
1. Get your CC Student ID card. It is your Student ID, and also your Library card!
- You can get your Student ID in Kodiak Corner or the Open Learning Center (CC2-060)
2. Activate your Library Card
- Bring your CC Student ID card to the front desk on the first floor of the Campus Library
- You now have access to all Campus Library services!