Skip to Main Content
All Libraries are open with limited hours. Masks required, no eating allowed. Online resources and support are available 24/7 UW Libraries Operations Updates
Current Awareness Alert Strategies
Consider a combination of approaches to stay on top of the literature in your field.
- Targeted Literature Searches:
- Set up automated ongoing searches using key words or author names in databases such as PubMed, PsycInfo, and/or Google Scholar.
- Create an account (MyNCBI for PubMed, EBSCOhost for PsycInfo, Google for Google Scholar) so you can save searches and receive regular updates of new articles by email or RSS feed.
- Cited Reference Searches:
- Journal Tables of Contents
- Look for an option such as "Alerts and Feeds" on journal publisher websites to receive the table of contents of each new issue by email or by RSS feed.
- Consider using the Read by QxMD app (using your UW NetID for access to UW Libraries subscriptions).
- Awarded Grants, Reports, and Social Media:
[If using RSS feeds, consider Feedly to manage them.]
Please contact your librarian - for assistance.
Journal Tables of Contents Example: Sign Up for Email Alerts or RSS Feeds