Skip to Main Content
Campus Library Logo

English Foundations & International Student Guide: Home

Resources for English Language Learners & International Students at UW Bothell & Cascadia College.


sculpture of flags of the world

Image: Karen Roe. (2012). London 11-08-2012 [Online Image].
Retrieved from Flickr on September 26, 2013

King County Library System

Cascadia students have access to online materials through the King County Library System (public library) - even if you don't have a library card there! Click here to read directions about how you can access these resources. 

Translating Library Words

Not sure what we mean when we say "article" or tell you to go to the "stacks?" Find translations and definitions of common library terms below!

What You Need to Start Using the Library

Student ID Card: You need a student ID card (your Husky card or Kodiak card) to check out books, videos, and other materials from the library.

UW NetID: You need a UW NetID to access online resources from off-campus and reserve study rooms.
UWB students: Instructions for setting up your NetID 
Cascadia students: Instructions for creating a NetID 

For more information, see our Student Guide.

Frequently Asked Questions

What may I take home?

Most books and videos can be checked out using your student ID card. The books can be checked out for four weeks, and the videos can be checked out for one week. Library staff members on the first floor would be happy to check out the books and videos for you. Magazines, newspapers, and materials labeled "Library Use Only" cannot be taken out of the library. Please read these in the library.

How do I reserve a group study room?

There are 21 group study rooms in the Campus Library. If you would like to work in a group, one of the group members can use our online reservation system to reserve a room at the library.

Where are the newspapers and magazines?

Current issues of local and national newspapers (e.g., The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and The Seattle Times) are in the open study area on the first floor. Popular magazines (e.g., Time, Newsweek and Rolling Stone) can also be found in this area.

How do I get extra help with a class assignment?

If you need research help for one of your class assignments, please ask at the front desk of the library or contact us.  We are here to help!

Where do I get more information about the library?

If you have questions about the library, ask anyone behind the information desk on the first floor. You can also get help via e-mail or chat. Chelsea Nesvig, the librarian who works with students in ESL and international student programs, is also available to answer questions.

Research & Instruction/Global & Policy Studies Librarian

Profile Photo
Chelsea Nesvig
UW Bothell/Cascadia College Campus Library
Office: LB1-210E

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Learn more...