Skip to main content
Current UW students, staff and faculty: click on the book cover to open up the ebook.
Using UW Libraries Search to Find Books
You can find eBooks in two ways:
- Do your search and then on the results screen, filter your results by using the toolbar:
- Choose Availability: "Available Online" and Resource Type: "eBooks"
- And then click on the green "Apply Filters" button
- Use the Advanced Search option
- Change "Show Only" to "UW Libraries" and "Material Type" to "eBooks"
- See the eBook FAQ for more information
- By Topic - Type in the keywords that broadly describe your topic. For example: missionaries india women history
- By Title - search for a specific book by title. Type in the first few words of the book title in quotations. For example: "atomic frontier days"
- By Author - search for books written by a specific author. Type in the last name followed by the first name of the author in quotations. For example: "metzler mark"
History eBook Collections
Use the "Material Type" option in UW Libraries Search to limit your search results to eBooks. Additional collections of eBooks can be found on eBook Collections guide. The following collections have strong history content:
Finding Books Beyond the UW
If you can't find the books you need at the UW or through our Summit partner libraries (Summit material can be found in UW Libraries Search), use the following catalogs. Books not available at the UW can be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
New History Books
Keep up with history books on order for the UW Libraries via Tumblr.