Skip to main content
About the 2020 Census
- See our Digital Exhibit: 2020 Census
- 24th decennial census
- First decennial census that respondents can fill out online
- Option to fill out via mail, phone, or online
- Online from the Census Bureau here
- Information obtained from all households:
- Number of people staying in the residence on April 1, 2020
- Additional people staying in the residence not included in the above on April 1, 2020
- Type of residence
- Telephone number
- Information obtained from all persons:
- Age and Date of Birth
- Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin
- Race whether White, Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander, or Other
Concerns about the 2020 Census
This page provides information on how personal information provided will be protected.
Questions about Citizenship
Questions about an individual's citizenship status will NOT be asked on the 2020 Census. This guide provides more information regarding the question's history and 2018/19 controversy.
Libraries' Guide to the 2020 Census
Prepared by the American Library Association to address basic concerns, including public libraries as sites for online responding.
Need help? Call the Government Publications, Maps, Microforms & Newspapers help desk at (206) 543-4164 during desk hours.
You can also consult the Ask Us! reference service (24/7).