UW Libraries offers access to journals both in print and online.
- Type the journal's full title, surrounded by quotation marks into the search bar. Click on the magnifying glass icon to run the search.
- Filter the results to 'Journal" Resource Type. Click "Apply Filters".
Tip: If you don't see the Resource Type you need, you may need to expand that section by clicking on the down arrow in the Resource Type header or by clicking on Show More.
- Once you locate the correct journal in the result list, you can identify if the journal is available online, in print at UW Libraries, or if the journal is at a Summit (non-UW) library. If the journal is not available through UW, you may request it through Interlibrary Loan services.
- Click on Online Access, Available at, or Check Request Options.
Tip: If you have not already logged into UW Libraries Search, you will be prompted to login with your UW NetID and password to view these options.
Option 2: Start directly at the UW Libraries Journal Search.
- Enter the title or ISSN (International Standard Serial Number) of the name of the journal you are looking for. Click on the magnifying glass icon to run the search. Search results will be pre-filtered to display only journals.
Option 3: Browse directly from the UW Libraries Journal Search.
- If you are unsure of the journal name or ISSN or simply looking to find journals in a given subject area, you can browse for journals by categories and subcategories.
1. Clicking "Online access" will bring you to the "View Online" section of the full record display, where you can select from one or more sources from which you can access the journal.
2. Select a source where the dates of coverage includes the journal issue you are looking for.
Other access options:
- If the journal you are looking for is not available online, click on the "Available at" link to see where the journal's physical location . This will take you to "Get It" which includes information on whether the item is available for checkout and where it can be found in the library.
- You can click on "Request this UW Volume/Part" to have a specific volume/part delivered to a pickup location of your choice. Alternatively, you can use the shelf location information for the library of your choice and personally retrieve it. NOTE: some libraries shelve some items by title rather than call number.
Tip: You can use the "Request via Summit" button if UW Libraries does not have the exact volume/issue you need.