Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- To support the instructional and research mission of the University of Washington and the Ethnomusicology Program.
- To provide archival services to a worldwide clientele of students and researchers.
- To safeguard the musical heritage embodied in the Archives’ recorded collections.
- To encourage responsible ethnomusicological field research and appropriate documentation, storage, and preservation of resulting research materials.
- To balance the need for open and unrestricted access to research materials with the need to restrict access due to privacy concerns or cultural/spiritual restrictions.
- To apply professional archiving standards to the performance of the archival tasks of collection, documentation, access, and preservation.
The UW Ethnomusicology Program and Archives stand in solidarity with our African American students and other students of color at the University of Washington as well as with our African American colleagues and other colleagues of color—including faculty, staff, and other University of Washington employees. We are committed to making space in academia for historically underrepresented musics, voices, and experiences. Read more here...
Commitment to Native American Protocols
The Archives is entrusted with caring for Native American and other Indigenous ethnographic collections. As part of our ongoing efforts to preserve and return digital copies of these collections to communities of origin, we refer and adhere to the guidelines described in Protocols for Native American Archival Materials. If you have questions about our digital return and physical repatriation efforts, contact us: lib.washington.edu/about/contact
Staff & Contact Information
UW Libraries | UW Bothell/CC Campus Library | UW Tacoma Library | Health Sciences Library | Gallagher Law Library
Responsible Use of Electronic Resources | Privacy | Terms